At aeSolutions, our Vision is for employees to realize their full potential through the achievement of our clients' success. We support our team members' professional and personal development all while solving some of the most complex automation and process safety engineering challenges in industry. We are hiring across our departments to grow our best-in-class technical teams, and encourage anyone who is similarly dedicated to pursuing excellence to apply today.
Note: Office, Hybrid, and Remote Work Options Available.
We are recruiting for a Senior Fired Equipment Engineer to join our Fired Equipment team in our Houston office, located in the Westchase District. This senior-level engineer will lead the technical aspects of Fired Equipment projects while delivering consulting and engineering expertise for smarter, more resilient industrial operations and safer communities.
The individual in this position will need to use their extensive technical experience in Burner Management System & Combustion Control projects, practices and regulations, codes and standards to engage effectively with team members and customers. This individual will also be responsible for technical input to proposals while supporting and advising new and existing customers regarding Fired Equipment services.
aeSolutions will provide the person in this role opportunities to personally develop and strengthen their industry-wide perspective on fired equipment, joining a strong team dedicated to building client relationships across multiple sectors, and contributing to the overall success and expertise of our team.
aeSolutions services clients and values experience in a variety of industries, including Oil and Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Specialty Chemical, Automotive, Fertilizer, Paint, Pharmaceuticals, Plastics, Pulp and Paper Products, and more.
Highly qualified candidates will possess the following experience and credentials:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience Automation, Safety Instrumented Systems, Instrumentation & Controls Design, or Start Up and Operations, including some combination of the following:
- 5+ years of experience with multi-client, multi-project simultaneous execution
- 5+ years of experience using codes (e.g. NFPA 85, 86, and 87) and standards (e.g. API RP 556) applicable to Fired Equipment
- 5+ years of field experience on client sites performing Fired Equipment projects (e.g. code gap assessments)
- Experience serving as a primary technical resource for PHA/LOPA studies, SIL/SIF Verification and Calculation, and/or Safety Requirement Specifications a plus
- Experience with specification and programming of industrial automation BMS/CCS is preferred
- PE, P.Eng., CFSE or comparable certifications are preferred
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus
- The willingness and ability to travel approximately 25% of the time; Valid driver's license required
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision
In addition, we expect the following in all our employees:
- A passion for making our clients, our worksites, and our world a safer place
- The ability to work well in both team-based and independent situations
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with a knack for thinking creatively
We provide competitive salaries, opportunities for advancement, and a comprehensive Total Rewards package, including:
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, & Vision insurance
- HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care FSA options
- Mental health & counseling benefits through our confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their family members
- Company-provided Employee Life and Disability Coverage with buy-up options
- 401(k) retirement plan with Roth or Traditional options and company contribution
- 1-on-1 retirement planning and financial advice for all stages of life
- Flexible paid time off accrual program
- Flex-time schedules, Half-Day Fridays, & Office, Hybrid, and Remote work options
- Incentive bonus programs, including for performance, professional development, employee referrals, repeat business, and more
- Resources and support for career and skills development, including a Learning Management System with access to thousands of high-quality learning courses, and a peer-to-peer Coaching Program
aeSolutions is a consulting, engineering and systems integration company that provides industrial process safety and automation products and services. We are specialists focused on helping industrial clients achieve their risk management and operational excellence goals through our expertise in process safety, combustion control and safeguarding,
safety instrumented systems, control system design and integration, alarm management, and related operations and integrity management systems.
aeSolutions is committed to employing high-integrity professionals who will work closely with teammates and clients to deliver engineering solutions that meet or exceed process safety goals.
If you are looking for a company that offers challenging and rewarding work, values your contributions, provides excellent pay and benefits, and is dedicated to safety, you may be a good fit.
To learn more about the company and apply, visit www.aesolutions.com
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Zone
**Note: aeSolutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters, and no fees will be paid should the company hire an applicant submitted by a third party absent a written contract and a specific request for assistance with that role. Please email email@example.com for more information.**