We are recruiting for a Fired Equipment Engineer to join our Automation team in our Houston office, located in the Westchase District. This engineer will support the technical aspects of Fired Equipment projects under the direction of an assigned Technical Lead while delivering consulting and engineering expertise for smarter, more resilient industrial operations and safer communities.
The individual in this position will need to use their substantial technical experience in core Burner Management System & Combustion Control engineering principals, practices and regulations, codes and standards to engage effectively with team members and customers.This individual will also be responsible for technical sales while supporting and advising new and existing customers regarding Fired Equipment services.
This position is scheduled to start in January 2021.
Highly qualified candidates will possess the following experience and credentials:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience Automation, Safety Instrumented Systems, Instrumentation & Controls Design, or Start Up and Operations, including some combination of the following:
- 5+ years of experience using core engineering principals (e.g. NFPA 85, 86, and 87) and standards (e.g. API RP 556) applicable to Fired Equipment
- 5+ years of experience with multi-client, multi-project simultaneous execution
- 3+ years of field experience on client sites performing Fired Equipment projects (e.g. code gap assessments)
- 3+ years of experience serving as a primary technical resource for PHA/LOPA studies, SIL/SIF Verification and Calculation, and/or Safety Requirement Specifications
- Experience with specification of programming of industrial automation BMS systems is preferred
- PE, P.Eng., CFSE or comparable certifications are preferred
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus
- The willingness and ability to travel approximately 25% of the time. Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
In addition, we expect the following in all our employees:
- A passion for making our clients, our worksites, and our world a safer place
- The ability to work well in both team-based and independent situations
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with a knack for thinking creatively
aeSolutions offers a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
- FSA or HSA options
- Life, Disability, Accident & Illness insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with Roth or Traditional option
- Holidays and accrued time off with pay
- Flex time schedules
- Employee service center with 24/7 online access to personal information/changes
aeSolutions is a consulting, engineering and system integration company that provides industrial process safety, cybersecurity and automation lifecycle solutions and tools. We are specialists focused on helping industrial clients achieve their risk management and operational excellence goals through our expertise in process safety, industrial cybersecurity, safety instrumented systems, control system design and integration, alarm management, and related operations and integrity management systems.
aeSolutions is committed to employing high-integrity professionals who will work closely with teammates and clients to deliver engineering solutions that meet or exceed process safety goals.
If you are looking for a company that offers challenging and rewarding work, values your contributions, provides excellent pay and benefits, and is dedicated to safety, you may be a good fit.
To learn more about the company and apply, visit www.aesolns.com
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Zone
**Note: aeSolutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters, and no fees will be paid should the company hire an applicant submitted by a third party absent a written contract and a specific request for assistance with that role. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.**