Come join the best technical team around. Learn for yourself what sets us apart as a destination employer. Become more highly valued in the marketplace by integrating automation solutions with our industrial cybersecurity and process safety expertise.
This position can be filled in Houston or Baton Rouge.
aeSolutions, a Siemens Solutions Partner and a certified Rockwell Systems Integrator, is hiring a Senior Automation Engineer to join our team. The person in this position will ensure total customer satisfaction by converting client requirements in total systems solutions that meet all necessary requirements, including schedule and cost. This person must be able to bring concepts to reality by understanding - or defining - the customer's requirements, driving an overseeing system design, specification, fabrication, programming, testing, installation, startup and support of multi-disciplined (instrumentation, control, and electrical) process control systems.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include interfacing with client technical representatives, vendors, and aeSolutions employees, leading the development of technical deliverables for large projects or small programs, including all design, specifications, fabrication, configuration, and testing. The person in this role will also be responsible for the maintenance of the "as-sold" scope of work, partnering with project managers to identify any issues related to schedule or budget, and will also serve as Engineer of Record where applicable on projects under their direct supervision.
Successful candidates for this role will have exhibited the following characteristics in their careers:
- Experience in risk management and resource management;
- A track record of prioritizing and planning effective to proactively resolve problems;
- Strong technical skills necessary to produce high-quality process control systems project deliverables
- A drive for continued growth and learning as well as personal and organizational excellence;
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer, Control Systems, or Chemical Engineering
- 7+ years experience in a similar position
- Licensed Professional Engineer; CAP or CFSE preferred
- In-depth knowledge of electrical, instrumentation, and control systems design
- Working knowledge of codes and standards including NFPA 70, NPA85-87, UL508, IEC 61511, and ISA Standards
- Proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Valid Driver's License
In addition, we expect the following in all our employees:
- A passion for making our clients, our worksites, and our world a safer place
- The ability to work well in both team-based and independent situations
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with a knack for thinking creatively
aeSolutions is a consulting, engineering and system integration company that provides industrial process safety, cybersecurity and automation lifecycle solutions and tools. We are specialists focused on helping industrial clients achieve their risk management and operational excellence goals through our expertise in process safety, industrial cybersecurity, safety instrumented systems, control system design and integration, alarm management, and related operations and integrity management systems.
aeSolutions is committed to employing high-integrity professionals who will work closely with teammates and clients to deliver engineering solutions that meet or exceed process safety goals.
If you are looking for a company that offers challenging and rewarding work, values your contributions, provides excellent pay and benefits, and is dedicated to safety, you may be a good fit.
To learn more about the company and apply, visit www.aesolutions.com
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Zone
**Note: aeSolutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters, and no fees will be paid should the company hire an applicant submitted by a third party absent a written contract and a specific request for assistance with that role. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.**